Executive Directors of Student Achievement are happy to resume the implementation of the Superintendent’s/Executive Directors’ Student Advisory Council (SEDSAC) committees in each of the middle schools. Students’ voice has been the driving force behind both the high school and middle school councils. The district leadership welcomes the diverse student voices that represent Dearborn Schools.
With that being said, Salina Intermediate School is looking for students who want to speak up and say something that will maximize school life for ALL students. Students that are interested in making a difference and meet the qualifications, should read and complete the application by December 11. The qualifications are as follows:
- Excellent attendance
- A 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Skills to collaborate with fellow students
- A desire to make a positive change at Salina Intermediate School
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- A willingness to follow the policies in the District Student Code of Conduct
- The discipline to attend monthly meetings during the school day and balance your academics.
Any student that is already a member does not need to submit an application.
Click Here for the Application
- The application should be posted on the school’s website so that all interested have a chance to participate.
- The teachers from the buildings nominate who they feel would be a good student representative from their school. The student doesn’t have to be an A student but does need to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Once applications are submitted, we will share them with the school team to go through the applicants and pick out the top options. It would be a good idea to reach out to those who did not make it and possibly help them find a leadership role they can take on in their school outside of SEDSAC.
- The executive directors will set up the meeting agenda such that students have time to come up with worthwhile school/district-wide projects that can engage their entire school. Give students time during the meeting to work on these projects (i.e. timeline, who needs to be contacted, who needs to be involved, the steps needed to execute the project, how to recruit volunteers, how to promote…).